Sep 2, 2015

College Degree versus Seasoned Professional.

Why is a "20 Something" candidate with a degree more appealing to employers than a candidate with 36 yrs of proven success? Thanks, Mickel for sharing*

When I first time went through this discussion, I was then almost surprised by the fact. Very recently received an invitation to take a test on " FINANCIAL ANALYST" from gDev FZ LLC, Jabel Ali FZE, Dubai through oDesk.com outsources to the freelance marketplace.


I think I can help with some insight, what I have been learning from the aforesaid issue. In my experience, I've noticed several things going as it relates to older workers:

1. Matter of Professionalism (OLD) VS Seasoned practitioner (GREEN): those who are  OLD are thoughtful of "OLD IS GOLD" and happy under the BANNER experienced professional- Confined within the inn. Changing the world how it works? GREEN personnel opting with New proactive concept; manifestation through practice. Moreover- OLD, very formal and reserve as white color people but the GREEN never mind about the color of blue or white!

2. OLD are of backdated featured and GREEN favorite and fantastic; IT savvy and know how with the very recent globalized Erina. So far my concern: I started using the computer ( '90 ) with D BASE III plus, Word star 123, etc., and upgraded to MS office 2003 by a cumbersome way. Come across test session, apart from computer skills test was of MS office 2007. My score was 2.32 ( LOW- BASIC know-how ).

3. WE are of physical profession products not too much familiar with very screening soft wear- Cognitive Index, Quantitative Ability, Deductive Reasoning & Personality Assessment tests open my eyes that I am an OLD hanger and a baby beginner! Look, my resume printed of very head- 26 years ex-poser of professional track and a B.COM honors,  M.COM, Major in accounting! I have no hesitation to confess, I never ever heard of cognitive index! what is this? By god, browser search saves my SOUL to find the facts.

In the due course of the test session, my memory became thoughtful of the matter....but could not recollect and filter the information. This morning while I have been cheeking inbox Email, come across YOUR discussion and rush to .....

That's it? So I myself would like to prefer to be seasoned professionals.

So you may draw a conclusion out. Let's set your mind to CHANGE.....Seasoned..cheers.




* COURTESY: A Group Discussion issue on Linkedin by Mickel at:  
Job & Career Network ~ Professions and Industries

No comments: