May 24, 2020

How do I build my personal brand?

a profile or PRIME FACES to showcase YOU- an identity to promote and SELL you online. 





To showcase you easily on RESUME… 
by simply putting a link or links.

THE REASON IS THAT AS A FREELANCER, 

YOU ARE YOUR BRAND

Now, how do YOU build YOUR personal brand?
How do you develop your personal brand?
           
Ten Tips for Developing Your Personal Brand
1.    Figure out who you are.
2.    Determine what you want to be known for.
3.    Define your job market/employer.
4.    Research your desired industry and follow the experts.
5.    Ask for informational interviews.
6.    Embrace networking.
7.    Ask for recommendations.
8.    Grow your online presence.

N.B.: For simplicity, I am not going to discuss all such points one by one to elaborate. You may copy past and Search online for more information on these. 
The core elements of your BRAND are:

Your social media user profiles, Blog, Online Community profile, Sharing Thoughts, You’re Resume Objective, Mission statement, Personality, Interests, Likes, and Dislikes are amongst YOUR personal BRAND.

Your personal brand is how you promote yourself. It is the unique combination of skills, experience, and personality that you want the world to see you. It is the telling of your story, and how it reflects your conduct, behavior, spoken and unspoken words, and attitudes.
What is a personal brand and why is it important?

Personal branding is an action in people's lives where they take an active role. There are tons of benefits that YOU can get from creating YOUR own brand. Also, a personal brand allows a person to self-manage their life without having to depend on others.
A person's brand is an important part of a person's career.

How do you create a personal brand?

7 Steps to Creating a Compelling & Profitable Personal Brand
1.    Build your foundation. ...
2.    Choose your target audience. ...
3.    Create an irresistible offer. ...
4.    Optimize your personal website. ...
5.    Have a content strategy. ...
6.    Have a visibility strategy. ...
7.    Build a community.


Note: For simplicity, I am not going to discuss all such points one by one to elaborate. You may copy past and search online for more information on these. 


How to Work on your personal brand

The reason is that as a freelancer, YOU ARE YOUR BRAND.

So, how do you build my personal brand?
1.   I got myself on LinkedIn and I fully filled out my profile. Every single detail of my experience. Every relevant job I ever had. Every morsel about me that could be interesting.
2.   I then did the same thing on Facebook. I joined relevant groups for my field and started asking questions, lots of questions, as well as answering any I could.
3.   I did the same on Twitter.
4.   And on Job board Indeed.com
5.   And when it was made available I did the same with Quora, which has become the fact-filled platform for experts.
6.   I then went to every industry-relevant event I could find, afford, and get to, and hustled like a maniac…Related Zoom meetings, Webinars Plus…
As Jon Norris explained:
“Although it can be awkward attending networking events, it’s a great way to build contacts. Get out there, hand out business cards, and make friends.”

What is a personal brand strategy?

personal branding strategy is a plan to take your reputation and career from relative obscurity to high visibility. It describes where you stand today and what level of visibility you want to achieve in the future


On the contrary there is no hard and fast rule on how to build your personal BRAND. There are so many ways and means to find out tips and ideas online. SEARCH! SEARCH!! SEARCH!!! Refine and define yourself how to?
More resources to read here: 

No comments: